Wednesday, April 13, 2011

bubbles....

I can't believe it has been a week since I wrote last.
That is just way to long.
I have been working nonstop for the last 
10 days and finally am taking a late
morning to get a little sleep and blog.
It is Wednesday and that means it's 
"Advice" day and I wanted some
fun advice since I haven't had much time
to have fun in the last 10 days.

I found some good ol' 1923 advice
to having fun that really has lasted the 
age of time.
You don't have to be a kid to enjoy this,
you just have to be a bit of a kid at heart.
Sometimes the simplest things can be the most fun.



Glycerin Soap  Bubbles

"Having two small sisters, I am often called on,
in case of their illness, to help entertain them.
And I have at last found a sure way of keeping them
contented and happy when they are well enough to permit it.
I place a woolen blanket on top of the bed coverings
and provide each child with a clay pipe.
Then I prepare a cupful of real soapsuds,
adding to it a small amount of glycerin.
The children can blow bubbles to their 
hearts content, and the glycerin makes the bubbles
tough so that they settle on the blankets and 
often remain four or five minutes before breaking."
D.McC., Iowa
Let's hear it for finding the joy and fun
in the simplest of things.

Ciao,
F

No comments: